Working at Potomac
Team members at Potomac enjoy the early responsibilities that come with working for a smaller firm, while gaining the experiences of servicing medium and large, well-established clients in the pharma/med device market. Members of the Potomac team benefit from the following:
- Impeccable reputation – a vast majority of our clients are repeat customers, who view Potomac as trusted advisors and a part of their team
- End-to-end visibility – team members at all levels are involved from initial proposals through final deliverable
- Depth and Breadth of Responsibilities – the ability to work with a diverse client base; not pigeonholed into specific service lines
- Entrepreneurial spirit – we have a highly adaptable, efficient and intelligent team with can-do spirit
- Bottom-line impact – each employee’s effort makes a real difference to the company’s overall performance
- Work-life balance – the typical work schedule is 45-50 hours/week, with less travel than average consulting firms (maximum of 40-60% travel)
- Fun – we hold regular, organized team-building activities such as fishing the Chesapeake Bay as well as informal team bonding experiences
- Philanthropy – we believe in giving back to our community. All Potomac employees currently receive one additional vacation day specifically ear-marked for use with volunteering with a non-profit of the employee’s choice
Learning and Development
The company typically conducts half-day training sessions every four months with an external facilitator. For example, the last two topics have focused on business writing and public speaking. We have also implemented a monthly “Happy Learning” series where a team member presents on a pre-identified topic for an hour.
The company also provides a $1,000 allotment to all employees to be used on (approved) professional development activities. Previously, the Company has also sponsored employees for the 4-day Seton Hall Compliance Certification program.